About Me

“The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you, if you just lower your expectations.” -Phil Dunphy

My initial intention for this course was to switch out, but I don’t think I can do that anymore. Instead, I have decided to make the most out of this course by using this course to improve my writing skills, to benefit me when it comes to taking English 30-1 next semester. I’m also planning and hoping that this class would act as more of a breather as if my course change gets accepted I’ll have Chemistry, Physics, and Math this semester as well.

Anyways, I just realized that I didn’t really introduce myself all that well. My full name is Tanzilul, but I go by Tanzi because nobody ever really says my full name properly so going by Tanzi is easier for them to say and me to hear. I enjoy sports and being outside, as long as I’m not being surrounded by bugs and insects and that sort of thing. 

I don’t particularly like or enjoy writing – I enjoy reading a lot more, but I haven’t really gotten around to reading as much as I used to before, so hopefully this course will help me with that too. 

I much prefer sports over reading and writing. I love to play soccer, and I play as a wing-back for anyone wondering(you probably weren’t, but now you know). I really enjoy physical activity and I’m usually always up for a game of basically anything.

I tend to stress over a lot of things, even when I don’t have to or shouldn’t, but that’s just who I am. Throw in an existential crisis every now and then and that’s a pretty accurate representation of my stressed side.

I also tend to overthink a lot of situations, as well as unconsciously neglect certain details about the things around me, but I guess that’s just a part of who I am now.

I procrastinate like there’s no tomorrow, except even then I’ll leave it to the last minute. This leads to me constantly being tired and not having very much patience, which is probably not a good thing, but I’m working on it.

I love having company, and love my friends the most. I’d much rather be with people than be alone, but I also don’t mind being alone sometimes. I really like the feeling of being a part of something positive, even if it’s just a joke that nobody understands.

Business group with hands together, teamwork concepts - Horizon Foundation

I can’t think of much else to write about myself, but I mean I hear that rambling is usually welcome in this class so that’s a positive I guess. Also I am very, very forgetful, so I am extremely sorry if I forget something important, but I will try my best not to forget said important thing. 

Anyways, I hope I do well in this class and have a great time, and I hope you had a great time reading whatever nonsense is going to pop up on this blog.

5 thoughts on “About Me”

1. Dear Tanzi,
    I enjoyed the simplicity and the honesty of your about me, it really showed me what type of person you are. The way you wrote this, really expresses you, as it wasn’t too serious but it also wasn’t boring, you kept the piece equal on both sides. Like I said before, I loved the honesty and how open you were in telling people about yourself. The only thing I would change is to go deeper into why you enjoy the things you do, and possibly how they have impacted you? Anyways I wish you all the best! I hope to see more of your writing!
    Sincerely, Jovan

2. Dear Tanzi,
    I really loved the way you set up your about me. The colors and format really grabbed my attention. Your background is so peaceful and nice to watch, yet its not to distracting, seems like you know how to balance. I believe something you could work on is going more in detail and going deeper into your thoughts and feelings. Good luck for the future! I would love to hear more from you in the future.
    Sincerely, Maya

3. Dear Tanzi,
    I really liked how casual and authentic your About Me was! Your writing style, tone and use of humour helped in creating an intimate personal connection with the audience, while also portraying your personality. I’m sure that anyone who’s read this will have a good sense of who you are in general. I also really liked your introduction for instance, where you were honest about being in creative writing and the part where you shared how you get stressed, overthink things and procrastinate a lot – it was straightforward, relatable and simply you. I’d encourage you to continue to be open, share more of what your likes or dislikes are and go further in terms of what sports and friends mean to you. You could also elaborate on what being ” a part of something positive” means and maybe add more to that? I felt like you were going somewhere with it – it would have also been a much deeper aspect of you in your piece that I think other people should know about. Overall, your About Me was pretty enjoyable to read and I can’t wait to check out more of your writing.
    Sincerely, Sarah

4. Dear Tanzi,

I think your About Me really stood out from all the other ones. The way you established a connection with the reader was amazing. I felt like I was standing in front of you while you spoke out to me. It really established a connection on a personal level. Your honesty and intuitiveness really contributed to the emotion your page set out. The tone and the way you laid everything out added to the positivity and lightness of your post. My favourite part of your blog is the quote you have at the beginning, “The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you, if you just lower your expectations.” -Phil Dunphy
    One small thing that I would add on to your About Me is depth. You touch on a lot of topics but do not really go into detail. I feel like if you incorporate that into your next post, the reader will not only be able to establish a connection with you, but relate to your experiences, likes, and dislikes. Overall, I really enjoyed your writing and am looking forward to your next posts.

Sincerely,

Kamran

5. Hey everyone,
    I really appreciate your comments on my About Me, it really means a lot to me and I promise I will take your suggestions into consideration and go into more detail on my future pieces. Looking back, I can see that maybe some parts of my About Me had a little less depth and detail than I could have put, but I also kind of did that on purpose. My reasoning behind doing so was to just touch the surface on who I am, so that you guys will be able to learn more about me as I post more on this blog. Although that was my intention, I will put more depth into my future writings on this blog. Thanks again for your thoughts, and I really hope you guys enjoy whatever else you see on this blog.

Much love, Tanzi.